Upper Rissington Parish Council
Village Hall, Hawker Square, Upper Rissington, Gloucestershire, GL54 2NT Telephone: 01451 810839 / 07774357802
To members of the Parish Council
You are summoned to attend the Parish Council Meeting of Upper Rissington Parish Council in the Village Hall on Monday 14th May 2012 at 8.30pm
- Apologies: To receive apologies of absence.
- Declarations of Interest: To declare any personal or prejudicial interests in items on the agenda (councillors with prejudicial interests must leave the room at the relevant time)
- Minutes: To approve the minutes from the last Parish Council meeting held on the 2nd April 2012
- Public Session: To provide members of the public/ press the opportunity to comment on items on the agenda.
- Vacancy on the Parish Council: Volunteers sought to join the Parish Council.
(1) To consider the following planning applications:
- 12/01635/TPO: T1 – Cherry – Reduce back to boundary leaving finished branch lengths of
1.5m, T2 – Sorbus – Crown Thin 15%, T3 – Cherry – Remove limb growing over building and reduce back other limbs to give approx 3.5 metres clearance, crown clean stubs, Crown lift to give 5.2m clearance over road., T4 – Cherry – Remove 3 Lowest limbs over garden. 13 Smith Barry Crescent, Upper Rissington, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GL54 2NG.
- 12/01403/FUL – Hawker Square: Change of use to domestic curtilage of land to East of property.
(2) To note the decision for the following planning applications:
12/01192/TPO: T.141 – Silver Birch – reduce height of tree by approx. 3ft, finished height approx. 32ft. Reduce branching from wire approx. 3ft, reduce branching from house approx.
3ft. 28 Sopwith Road, Upper Rissington, Glos, GL54 2NS. Application Withdrawn.
7. Road Signs: Update on replacing old street name road signs, taking down old ones where new ones have been replaced and replacements for others.
8. The play park:
- To consider repairs and refurbishment of the play park.
- Need to appoint a new handyman for the monthly inspection/minor repairs of the play park
- Repairs to the Village Hall – Guttering, Window, A/C Unit and Roof.
- Picket Fencing – The picket fencing around the Wellington Road/Smith Barry area requires repairing/replacing, ask Reland to undertake this work?
- Village Hall – To consider measures required to prevent access to the roof of the hall.
10. Obstructive parking in Avro Road: Consider a course of action.
11. Clerk Appointment: Confirm the appointment of the new clerk.
12.Clerk training: To approve attendance at a training course for the Clerk.
13. Jubilee Garden: Receive an update and consider requirements.
14. Jubilee Celebration including the Jubilee Beacon and bunting: Receive an update and consider requirements.
15. Grass Cutting: To consider the service received so far.
- a) To consider adding the new Clerk to the list of signatories to the bank account.
- b) To receive a report on the accounts from Cllr Harrison, the Internal Auditor.
- c) Following a summary of the finances the Parish Council are requested to consider
payments as detailed in the summary (copy available)
17. Progress Reports:
(1) Reports from Councillors
(2) Report from the Clerk
18. Correspondence for Information: To review correspondence received since the last meeting (details available from Clerk)
19. Items for future agenda: Each councillor is requested to use this opportunity to report minor
matters of information not included elsewhere on the agenda and to raise items for future agendas. Councillors are respectfully reminded that this is not an opportunity for debate or decision making. Members of the public can also use this opportunity to bring information to the attention of the Parish Council. Due to the length of the meetings this month, the following items will go onto the agenda for next month:
- Garages for Rent: Condition of the doors are shabby. Consider approaching owners to repair/renew.
- Social Committee: To receive an update.
- Steering Group: To receive an update.
- Allotments: Receive an update.
- Newsletter: Receive an update.
- Annual litter picking dates: To decide on a new date.
- Standing orders: Consider any changes required.
- Asset Register: Consider adoption of.
20. Date of next meeting: To confirm that the date of the next meeting will be on Monday 11th June 2012.
Helen Parry Date: 8th May 2012 Clerk to Upper Rissington Parish Council